Inspired by Stephanie at Hand Gallop here is a blog-post-with-a-twist. My Friday Five… worst things about my life right now.
1. Signing up for a horse show that’s two days before I need to move houses was a terrible, terrible, terrible choice.
If you replaced papers with random pieces of tack, clothes, boxes, and perched my cat in the middle, you would have my life right now.
I am not organized for this show. I packed a trunk and I put some tack in a trailer and I took some home to clean it and I think I have everything I need? I figure as long as I have clothes to wear each day, a show coat, saddle, girth, and bridle that’s… all I need. Thank goodness it’s local and less than 15 minutes away from my barn (by zippy little Nissan as opposed to big truck and trailer).
2. The last person who had my office manager clearly sucked at her job and managed to screw some things up so well that I have to go back nearly two entire years to fix them. Oh and those things are absolutely essential to a deadline I have. On Monday.
3. My thesis has gone untouched for weeks. I can’t even. I am so busy. I don’t even know how I am this busy. I’m not even teaching right now.
4. This is basically 1B of this list, but I am a shit show. I took home half my tack but NO TACK CLEANING SUPPLIES. Thank goodness I didn’t put all my wash cloths in the washing machine because at least things can get a really good wipe down. My half pads are both still filthy. I don’t own acceptable XC boots yet. My roommates dog hates me and is a giant disaster.
5. There is no oxyclean in my house. HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO CLEAN MY SADDLE PADS WITHOUT OXYCLEAN?!
Friday Five… really good things despite all the mess in my life.
1. Murray stood perfectly still for his beauty treatments today and was shiny as fuck after his bath. Baby shampoo man. I’m into it.
2. Even though I had to beat him on Wednesday during the beginning of my dressage lesson, Murray brushed that dirt off his shoulder and put in two solid practice tests. Not sure why he insists on LOSING all canter departs the week before a show but yeah it’s probs my fault.
3. This show is local. Only a few people from my barn are competing. Very few things can go so terribly wrong that my obsessive overpacking of extra tack or a rapid trip back to my barn or a loan from a friend can’t fix.
4. I have beer.
5. One of my friends is bringing me oxyclean tomorrow. ❤